Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Winter's on the Wing

Happy April 1st everyone! I can't believe it's already April, but I must say that I'm quite pleased that it is. The past three days have been gorgeous here. I can even go outside without a coat! I knew Spring was coming when I saw the trees blossoming on South Parade as I walked back to Nunes House on Saturday. But I had forgotten how glorious Spring really is!!! I feel as though I've made it through some dark night and emerged on the other side with a lightened spirit.

"And you'll be here to see it
Stand and breathe it all our day
Stoop and feel it, stop and hear it
Spring I say!"

And, finally, a few pictures from Spring Break. The first is me on the Aran Islands, the second is of the Cliffs of Moher, the third is the Frauenkirche in Munich from the top of the Peterkirche Tower, the fourth is a view from a hill in Garmisch, the fifth is a flower-shop in Garmisch.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want your life right now. You are traveling all around Europe and I spend my days in a windowless cinderblock room surrounded by teenagers. How is that fair? However, I guess I had my opportunity to study abroad. Oh, and actually I will be relatively near you next week, as I am going to Spain for spring break!

Kay said...

Can I just say I am absolutely tickled every time you make a Betsy-Tacy reference? I feel like I need to read the rest of those books. Also, that I want to be traveling around with you right now! Your pictures are all beautiful.

And apparently, no one in any part of Europe likes the Turks. Poor Turks.