Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

One To Go

I have one paper left to write.

One. The topic is Religion in 18th Century England. I'm not exactly excited about this one. But, by Wednesday I will have no more papers left to write. And it will be May Day! My friend Danielle and I are going to stay in Oxford on Wednesday after our tutorials to celebrate the sunrise on May 1st in the traditional Oxford way. At six in the morning the boys choir of Magdalen College sings from the Bell Tower and there's dancing, drinking, and joy.

I finished my Irish Lit paper this morning. I worked on it so damn hard and after about 10 hours of work, and notes, and reading, and writing I had only one paragraph written. I could not get this paper to start. I began to panic that I had started an un-writable paper. After a day of agonizing I finally narrowed down my thesis upon my friend Jessica's suggestion: "Are you writing a five page paper or an honors thesis?" Ah. Yes.

By the time I did get the paper going it had such potential to be good, but I think it suffered from lack of interest. Then I did most of the reading about religion, then I started looking up recipes online... whaaa? Obviously, I am slightly ADD right now. Luckily, I get a mental break this afternoon because Jess is coming over and we're going to watch either Eddie Izzard or Gilmore Girls!!! I am quite excited.

In other news, it has become tank-top weather at long last!

2 comments:

Kay said...

One more paper! And you'll be home soon! And then you'll spend all summer telling us how much better Bath was...
Don't worry, I'll still love you.

Anonymous said...

Yay for tank top weather - one advantage of going in the spring rather than the fall is that the weather gets nicer over the course of the semester. (Though I still loved fall, despite the fact that it was overcast, cold, rainy, and dark. Plus, I got to see Christmas decorations at the end of my semester.)