Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

Papers x8

I had a paper due Wednesday.

I have a paper due Wednesday and Thursday.

I have a paper due the following Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have a paper due the following Tuesday and Wednesday.

I have a paper due the following Wednesday.

Anyone sensing a pattern? Basically, I will never see the light of day again. Unfortunately, ASE doesn't understand this, so I am being forced to see the light of day-- the light of the Oxford day. Tomorrow the whole program moves to Oxford for a week in residence. I was really looking forward to this week, as I've heard that it is a lot of fun, and the packet they gave us with our schedule looks amazing! But now, Oxford just sort of stresses me out. If I could stay in Bath for the week I know I would be able to get everything done, but as it is I'm struggling. Furthermore, with all of this looming ahead of me it's more paralyzing than motivating. There's no "Well, get it done and you can have fun!" Instead it's "Get it done and there's more to do!" Of course, I will get it done. I always manage.

In other news, to distract myself from the horribleness of my academic life and to honor the coming of spring, I bought myself a new dress. It is a yellow seersucker dress and I absolutely love it. I feel like I should buy a big hat to go with it and then go out to the Ascot or the Kentucky Derby. If I could wear it all the time I would, just because it makes me happy. It's so cheerful and the skirt twirls. It's a pretty, in the words of Kaylee from Firefly. Shiny.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Mental hugs. You can do it!
And your dress sounds very pretty. You should buy shoes to go with it when you're halfway done with you papers. Shoes are always good incentive.

Anonymous said...

Definitely get a statement hat, like the Queen. Remember that crazy teal and thistle-colored hat she wore when she visited here?