Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Busy in Bath

I have completed my paper on "National Identity" for Leslie, and now I need to start in on my Tudors/Stuarts paper, which I got an extension on. I have absolutely no desire to work for that class. John Stevenson doesn't even know who I am in a class of 15, despite the fact that I talk, so why should I write a paper for him? Also, I figured out that between my Tudor England class with Hoak and my tutorial with Leslie there are roughly 80 years of British history from 1485-1832 that I don't know. Pretty great. Unfortunately, that 80 years includes the English Civil War, which I should have more than a vague idea about. I'll work on that-- I have to for my paper due Thursday.

Crazy thought: my next paper for Leslie, "Leisure Space" is my penultimate paper for my tutorial (unless of course "To Be Arranged" means another paper of my choice... Greg and I are hoping it means Leslie will take us out for a drink).

In other news, Bath continues as usual and each passing day brings with it more and more a feeling of Spring. Yesterday it rained while I was walking home from Sainsbury's Local and for a moment I was upset, then I realized that the rain was warm. I had on a t-shirt and the droplets on my arm felt like Spring rather than Winter. It was actually quite pleasant to feel Spring rain. Today the sky is blue and it's warm in the sun, though rather cool in the shade. I love it. I love, love, love that the days are growing long and warm. Though, such weather makes it hard to concentrate on work and reading. Instead, the afternoons seem made for laziness, as did yesterday afternoon-- I wasted away two hours (quite unfortunately, as I hastily wrote a paper into the wee hours of the morning) on Eddie Izzard: Definite Article with Jess. It was the first time I'd been to Linley House-- it's so pretty! It all felt so relaxed, almost like last semester, how I wasted my time stretching out on the floor in Stith with Kay, Katie and Callie, only to have papers rear their ugly heads in the evening. But what glorious sunny afternoons!

Hello Spring!

3 comments:

Deb said...

It is cold and sporadically rainy here in Brussels. Not necessarily a spring rain, so I'm glad to hear it is warming up in Bath - where I will be in just a few short days!

Kay said...

I miss those afternoons so much. It's cold and busy here. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Sunny and 85 today. It's supposed to be a nice evening for K&Q.