Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quiet Days

The past few days I've been working on feeling motivated to do schoolwork again after my two-week break, thanks to Stratford-Upon-Avon. I wrote an entire paper about Sir Robert Walpole over Sunday and Monday; I finished the footnotes this morning. Last night was Student Night at the Huntsman, so around 10:00 I decided my paper was finished enough to go out for a pint. There, where many of my friends were wasted, I heard tales of Frank and Martin swimming across the River Avon and almost getting fined 50 pounds, and I heard tales of forty-five page stories written the night before their deadline (thus why I should have no fear for my Walpole paper which is due Wednesday, and should have more than one pint, an argument I wasn't quite buying last night). Today we got our grocery money, so we went to Sainbury's for all sorts of food-- butter, cereal, dried apricots, bread, yogurt, basically anything edible since we had absolutely no food left in our fridge or pantry. We were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Later tonight my flatmates and I are going to have an ice cream sundae party, then it's back to the paper-writing, because I want to have all my work done for when Jacob arrives in just two and a half days!!!

Oh, and a side note: Shea cut my hair the other night, and it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy with it! It's much shorter than it used to be. Also, I thought I'd leave you some Stratford pictures. The first is of the Dirty Duck pub, the second is the Courtyard Theatre, and the third is me wondering how the hell that sculpture is supposed to be King Lear while Jon cleans mud off of his shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

post pictures of the new haircut!

Kay said...

Haha I love your confused face in the last picture!

Also, I agree, I want pictures of the new hair! I'm getting mine cut over Spring Break, but I still have yet to decide what I actually want. Hmm.

Also, yay food!