Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Various and Sundry

The past two days have been rather uneventful. Well, except Friday night was pretty fun; Danielle and I attended a belly-dancing class at the gym-- it's much harder than it appears. My abs still hurt. Later, we all went to a pub called Cork and Bottle for some karaoke. I sang "Genie in a Bottle." We also met some Brit named Jonny with crazy hair who seemed pretty nice. A native! Wow! Next Friday we're going to go back and eat dinner there and sing some more. I'm pretty excited.

I returned to the towpath on Saturday morning to take pictures for you guys; here are some of the best. It was really different Saturday than Friday in lots of little ways. On Saturday morning barges were moving up and down the canal, and people seemed more active. Also, it was a bit colder and as the day wore on fog rose over the waters; it was really beautiful. It's nice to see that there's a way of life there and that I wasn't imagining it. There are more pictures of the towpath in a Facebook album, should you care to look.

While I walked the towpath my flatmates and some other ASE people headed to Wales. In retrospect, maybe I should have gone, but I'm really stressed out about homework and my tutorial, so I decided to stay in Bath and hit up the library. It turned out to be a very productive day-- I got a lot of reading done. I even have half of my paper done as of today! Plus, they didn't go into any castles in Wales, they just walked around one, and then watched a rugby game in a pub. Still, they came home raving about Wales. Oh well. I feel academically secure today, and that peace of mind probably is worth more than Wales at this point.

I also grocery shopped and today I made a really great chicken dish for dinner! All of our cooking is improving and anyways nothing can be worse than those pancakes. Alli and Danielle made Oatmeal Raisin cookies tonight for me and Shea! It was pretty fantastic. I love my flatmates. They are so wonderful-- I could not have asked to live with better people.

Back to paper-writing for me, so tomorrow I can work for my other classes, and maybe have a little but of fun in Bath to boot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be a charming holiday to rent one of those little barges and float down the canal past all the quaint English villages.

Kay said...

Okay, Abs, new post-graduation plan: we get a houseboat. You in?