Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

Home for the Holidays

Finals are over! I'm home! Thank goodness paper-writing is over!

I got home a few days ago, and now I'm caught in a flurry of gift-making, gift-buying, gift-wrapping, and cooking. It's stressful in itself, but in a much different way than writing papers for class or worrying about studying for a final. Plus, the house looks so cozy with the Christmas tree all lit up and stockings hanging over the fireplace. Sphinx (my cat) loves sleeping under the tree, and it's very cute to look at him hiding among all of the presents. My friend Annie pointed out the other day that perhaps the reason Sphinx is rather effeminate for a male cat is because all Sphinxes of myth and legend are female. Oops. He's sandy colored and has a cat-like body (being a cat and all) so the name seemed to fit at the time. Maybe he would be less Cowardly Lion like if I had named him Theseus or Amun-Ra. Or even John.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Christmas and all that it entails! Hope everyone else is having a lovely Christmas season!

No comments: