Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas and Weddings

"Somebody's getting married!!!" ~Sara Duke, nee Strehle

My friend Sara got married last night. It's so strange having a friend get married. She was a senior when I was a freshman (in college). She was a beautiful bride. She had the prettiest dress I've ever seen and she and Kevin looked so happy the whole night. It really only hit me that she was married when we were gathering for a picture and Kevin said, "Where's Sara? Where's my wife?" Hannah (who was standing by me) and I both looked at each other a little shell-shocked.

Before the wedding though, we had my Aunt Mary and my cousin Hannah visiting. It was really nice to see them. They arrived on Christmas night and stayed until yesterday. It was sad to see them go. We went to Williamsburg the other day; I actually went to the historic area for an afternoon, which I haven't done in awhile. And we got Cheese Shop sandwiches!

Tomorrow Jacob arrives!

Well, that's my quick update. Hope everyone is having a good break!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow this blog is more like the many RAMBLINGS of you!!! I thought I'd check out ur silly blog thingy; get a little peep show at what was to come when you went to the island. I had no idea that you've been writing on this thing for FOREVER. I love how you write it exactly the same way you talk. I will sorely miss you, Abs. Can't wait for sum wicked posts from The Island!!!

Kay said...

I propose a comment war to see which of us can leave Mike more helpful travel advice.

Also, I suspect that before the end of the semester (or even very far into it) I will get incredibly jealous of the two of you and your abroad-ness. And start my own. About how AWESOME Williamsburg is.

Sadly, you both have been here. So you won't be fooled. But it will make me feel better.

Kay said...

Own blog. I forgot a word. Don't tell anyone.