Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Free Wednesday

My tutorial was canceled today because Leslie is spending four days in Monte Carlo, Monaco, with some rich friend of his. He told us the story. Apparently when they were doing their O-Levels in Chemistry this kid spilled chemicals all over Leslie's perfect, wonderful, miraculous answer, and now, many years later after keeping in touch from that day on, the kid is a millionaire after inventing a new chemical dying process and is living as a tax exile in Monaco. This year he is president of the Monte Carlo Lunch Club or something, and has invited Leslie to give a fifteen minute speech after the meeting with four free days in Monaco to follow. Lucky dog.

For me, however, this meant that I didn't have to get a tutorial paper done for today (although I should have or I'll fall behind). It was lucky to have a free Wednesday, though, because it meant that I could get my Irish Literature paper finished-- which I did. It ended up being an OK paper, I think. I wrote about about death in Joyce's "The Dead" and Yeats' Cathleen ni Houlihan. After I finished that and printed it out and turned it in I just floated through the afternoon... I went grocery shopping, then... got Euros for my trip to Biarritz tomorrow! I'm going to France for the weekend and I'm quite excited. Biarritz is going to be warm, hopefully, and most importantly it's in the Aquitaine region, from whence came Eleanor of Aquitaine!

So, I'm gearing up for a weekend of France, followed by a flurry of tutorial paperwriting. :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

When my friend Sara went to France in high school, she asked me what would be the most important French phrase she would need to know. I very helpfully suggested, "Je ne suis pas une prostituée... combien d'argent avez-vous?"

You keep that in mind for your trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leslie...

Yay France!