Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We Could Always Use More Sleep

Students are never functional at this point, are they? ~Professor Bossenga

I'm sitting at work right now working on a Precis for my Public History class. We are supposed to look at history.org and figure out how CW portrays one person on their website. I was browsing the Randolph Family when I came across Peyton Randolph House. "Peyton Randolph House?" I thought, "I've never heard of him!" Enormously interested in this apparent oversight in my Revolutionary knowledge I clicked on the link-- only to find that they meant the Peyton Randolph House... like, a real house. The big Spanish Red one that's apparently haunted. Obviously, they didn't mention ghosts, but you get the idea.

Then Josh, who is at work with me, said I should write my precis on Peyton Randolph House, the ancestor of Dr. House (for those of you who have seen that t.v show). Then my professor came in and I told her all about my planned precis on Peyton Randolph House. Josh and I could NOT stop laughing. I think Prof. Kern was laughing at us. It was this episode which provoked the quote at the beginning of this entry.

And yes, Professor, you're absolutely right.

No comments: