Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And Now My Computer Screen Is Cracked

I got hit by a car today. Normally I wouldn't do two entries in one day, but this seemed like kind of a big deal. I was crossing the street at Confusion Corner towards CW. I thought that one of my friends was in a car that had stopped, so I turned back to see if it was them. Unfortunately, the car coming towards me didn't stop, and I didn't notice because I'd glanced back. Seriously, I was halfway across the pedestrian walkway. I really didn't think there was any danger that a car wouldn't see me and stop. Anyways, I got hit. Kind of hard. I rolled up on the hood for a second, then crumpled onto the pavement. I scraped my ankle and bruised my leg, but everything else is ok. I didn't get the guy's insurance information. Maybe I should have, but I'm really not hurt at all. And there's no point in making a mountain out of a molehill. Also, I wasn't thinking all that clearly at the time. I was pretty shaken up. Possibly in a bit of shock, too, because after I walked down the street for about twenty feet I started laughing and couldn't stop, but nothing was all that funny. The only real damage is to my computer screen. The corner is all messed up--probably happened when my bag smacked the pavement, or maybe when I landed on it. Luckily, I got to spend the next hour and half with Jake. He gave me Neosporin and a band-aid for my ankle and a great big hug for my shaking nerves. The strangest part is that I'm the most cautious street crosser ever. People literally make fun of me for it. They have since high school. And yet, it's me that gets hit. It's a bit vindicating. All my worry has been validated. Sadly, all of the hard work put into reversing my fear of crossing streets has been undone. So that's my story.

I'm really ok, though. Just a little afraid to cross streets again.

3 comments:

EatForColor said...

this is INSANE. i cannot believe that you got hit by a car.... shocked.

Emily said...

you...what?? WHO GETS HIT BY A CAR???

EatForColor said...

ben phelps does... oh bad joke