Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Less Than A Week

I said goodbye to Williamsburg today, so now I'm home with a bit more shopping and a bit more packing to do. I'm in a strange mood. A sad mood, too. I'm excited about going, but today I'm a bit sad, as well. Leaving was sad. I mean, it's not like I love Williamsburg for itself, but driving away knowing that everyone else will be there for the rest of the semester living their lives and doing things that I could have been doing... well, that's sad. Saying goodbye to Jake and Kay today was the worst. Luckily I get to see them briefly before I actually go to England.

Now I am home spending a few days with my parents, who I haven't really seen all winter break for various and sundry reasons. And packing. I think I'll be better tomorrow, once I've gotten a good night's sleep and looked through clothes to figure out what to take and what shouldn't see the sun of the British Empire. I actually like packing, so it should cheer me up. Also, it will break me of the feeling that I'm in a holding pattern, just sitting around waiting for something to happen. Packing is making small steps towards England and the continuance of my Winding Hall of Fate (which is a Betsy-Tacy reference).

1 comment:

Kay said...

Make sure you take the green sweater! And read "I Capture the Castle." It's a must.